Why do I feel like the older I get the harder and harder it has become to stay up to date and current with the constant changes of social media??? Am I the only one that seems to struggle with this? I feel like I am moving like a turtle and the algorithm changes, trending filters and edits are just lightning speed!
Even being a stay-at-home mom, sometimes I get exhausted when I think of having to post more content and tap into my creative side when I feel suck in a rut. I will say surprisingly enough, I have been enjoying the growing mom community I have been engaging with on the various platforms, and even feel more comfortable with my mom blog pages than I did with my own personal. That says a lot. And I am really happier now navigating through social media than I was in the past. A few toxic people have fallen off, there’s no comparison or negative comments about what I am posting…I am posting to find connections with fellow moms that are looking to find humor through all the challenges, the good and the bad, the fun and not fun moments we experience. A lot of my tone comes from being at home all day since I am a stay-at-home mom and wife, but I am also still working to keep my self-identity because it’s important, so I look to other sahms that understand and can relate.
Although it feels exhausting at times, I think we are in a place where social media is just as important with influence as anything else. I mean, I can be watching the morning news and they make something a story that was on TikTok. Crazy right! Back when I was growing up this was NOT the case…and I will date myself by saying that in college it was Myspace haha! So…with that being said, I try to make sure I do some research when I am trying to tap in my creative zone. I would love to hear what others do to tap in, so if you have some secret sauce, please share! Until then…here are some tips I put together that often help me.
- Lookup the latest trends. You never know what you might come across that stands out and you want to try you never thought about.
- Write down your goals weekly or monthly. I like to see my goals and visions written down. I feel like it helps me manifest what I am aiming to achieve.
- Follow & like others in your demographic. I’ll give you an example. With my personal page I use to have, I was following a lot of influencers and even celebrities that weren’t in the demographic I was looking to target. The only way I am going to know if what I am doing is going to be received well with my fellow mommas I have to follow and like them to grow my community. And that’s just what I am doing.
- If you hit a road block, don’t sweat it! In the beginning of my momma venture I was hard on myself to create content and write as much as I can. I think I set my own bar too high in the beginning and let myself down and didn’t give myself enough grace to grow.
- Reach out to others for collaborations. I am still trying to get more mommas to collab and do a blog piece on my site, but I have been featured on a few and I feel this helps to keep your audience engaged.